Open Water Swimming
Following on from the open water safety session on the 19th of May, the first open water swim session has been provisionally booked for Tuesday the 26th. This is subject to the water temperature being suitable. An update will be posted here on Saturday 23rd following a temperature check.
Timings for sessions are as follows:
Juniors 6.15 registration for a 6.30 start
Adults 6.45 registration for a 7pm start
This is a club coached session and there are various procedures to follow in order for this to take place safely and efficiently.
- Read all the attached/posted documents prior to attending
- Complete the open water Declaration Form and bring this to your first swim
- In order to swim you need to bring your membership card, wetsuit, swim hat (be prepared for a cold head) and goggles, and any prescribed medication that you may need in an emergency. NB: No card or wetsuit, no swim
- Be prepared to volunteer as safety crew and registration. These roles can be done on a rotational basis.
- Have plenty of warm clothing to wear after the swim. The water temperature is still quite cold (12 degrees) and there is often a wind chill factor
All other necessary information and location map is provided in the attached documents. The swim fee of £5 includes a hot drink after our swim. Registration will take place at the lakeside where you need to hand in our membership card in exchange for a numbered band